Monday, July 30, 2007

Grass fed

When i was living in Canada one of the staff members at my college owned a cattle ranch, but not just any cattle ranch, but an actual grass fed, black Angus ranch. They actually still move the cattle from pasture to pasture, they use no hormones or antibiotics , this was beef! From the first time I tasted the meat I was hooked, the diet and the conditions of the cattle made a huge difference in the taste, since I returned home every steak has been a disappointment. I was very interested to find this article of just such a ranch. Not only did it remind me of that great beef up in Canada, but it also talked about the environmental effects of this style of cattle raising

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/05/lasater_grassla_1.php

No comments:

 
More blogs about LCB.