Sunday, May 6, 2007

Organic Options Growing Across Yale

Berkley college campuses are buying locally and in a trend several other schools are following in suite. the school is already buying Fresh greens, apples and pears from an orchard in Meriden, CT, and naturally raised beef from the New England Livestock Alliance. The Yale Sustainability program is set up to help incorporate all the aspects from growing to eating the food. This year, with a 50 percent growth in funds from Yale, the Project has been able to serve organic options to the other residential colleges and thereby meet the Berkeley cafeteria student envy.

2 comments:

karenhander said...

I read this article and think it is really neat. I think we should do this at our school. Here we are in the culinary field, what better place to set up a program like this. We should start a chapter, When I look out around our building I can see there is places that could be used to at least start a project of vegetable and fruit farming.

Lazerus said...

I agree with Karen. I think that this would be something that would be awesome for LCB to do.

 
More blogs about LCB.