Sunday, July 22, 2007

organic tomatoes

This article is about how going organic makes for a healthier life style. The article discusses many ways of how organic nutrition can prevent many diseases. In this particular article it focuses on tomatoes. People that chose organic fruits and veggies to avoid pesticides and other chemicals have another reason to buy organic tomatoes. A new study showed that organic grown tomatoes have higher levels of flavonoids which may protect against cardiovascular disease.






http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/255833.html

2 comments:

Robert said...

It kind of makes me wonder if that wonderful, fresh tomato flavor I remember from many moons ago was due to fond, but distant, memories, or if it was due to tomatoes that were actually producing better flavor "back then."

I wish the study were a bit more extensive than just one test plot.

--Robert

mya1 said...

I know that the tomatos that come out of my garden taste so much better than anything in the store even in season. The diference is vast, I love seeing the red on the plant.

 
More blogs about LCB.