Thursday, February 22, 2007

animal feed

after reading the article, The Reality of Feed at Animal Factories, found on this link i was also concerned with the issue of animals not being raised and fed properly. It made me wonder what kind of meat im eating everyday. Also it listed 8 types of feed the animals were given such as:
Same Species Meat
Diseased Animals
Feathers, Hair, Skin, Hooves, and Blood
Manure and Other Animal Waste
Plastics
Drugs and Chemicals
Unhealthy Amounts of Grains
This made me realize the dangers that may occur to our food and somethings should be done about this. Also after watching a portion of the video today in class got me thinking what about the safety of the people who eat this food? Anyway, the info was interesting and really got me thinking what do I eat? if anyone else wants to check it out just click a link.

1 comment:

JakeBoucher said...

I agree, if the average person saw what the livestock industry has become over the past fifty years they would be appalled. Factory farms(where most of the nations meat comes from) have not had the best record as far as treatment of animals, quality of animal feed, etc.

-JAKE

 
More blogs about LCB.