Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fruity Cocktails Are Good For You


The US Department of Agriculture came across an interesting find while trying to find a better way to preserve strawberries while they are being stored. They found that treating the berries with alcohol increased the antioxidant capacity in the fruit. These antioxidants help to rid your body of the cell damaging compounds called free radicals. According to this study fruity cocktails have the same benefits so drink up!


http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/04/20/nutrition.cocktails.reut/index.html

3 comments:

tuanasauraus-rex said...

huh? Who would've thunk it? Is that why I feel so much healthier when I drink 99 Berries? So alcohol combined with fruit is good for you. I am stoked for the weekend! It's about time I start getting healthy!

allisgrandstrand said...

Now this better health promtion is something I can do! What a good way for me to eat my fruits and enjoy it! I just had a sangria last night with oranges and other fruit in it...yummy!

Tracy R said...

When radio stations and Al Roker talk to people who are 100 years old, most of them say they take at least one shot of whiskey every day. Could this be why they are 100 years old? Maybe it's the fruit, maybe it's the alcohol. Now we know it's both. I enjoyed my strawberry margaritas on Friday without knowing this. Now I just feel better about it.

 
More blogs about LCB.