Wednesday, May 2, 2007

the world IS coming to an end!!!!

Researchers are saying backyard grilling is contributing to heart and lung disease as well as air pollution. What kind of sick world are we living in when something as tasty and indulgent as grilled food items are becoming potentially hazardous to our health and to the health of the planet? I'll tell you what, it is a world I do NOT want to live in. If you can stomach this article then please feel free to read more about it. Acckkk....http://environment.about.com/od/health/a/charcoal_grills.htm

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I completely agree. So is it the grilling of the meat or the coals that are contributing to the pollution. All I know it that I could not go wthout m full rack of ribs.

Lindsay Rossner said...

That totally puts a buzz kill on my grilling plans for the weekend. Go figure that something so fun could be bad for you.

allisgrandstrand said...

Well it's a good thing my family has always used a gas grill...not only does the meat taste better, but it's not so harmful to us. But the use of natural charcoal sounds like a good substitute for those who like to use charcoal. Perhaps all charcoal should be natural?

 
More blogs about LCB.